- National League Cup Draws updated 28th March - see documents
- NIBFA TV - U17 Linfield v Portadown Youth now showing click on logo at bottom of page
- Please note fixtures listed for 3/4th April are subject to available facilities
The Northern Ireland Boys’ Football Association (NIBFA) was formed in 1976. Following discussions between Jim Weir of the Dundonald Junior League and John Cassidy of the South Belfast Boy’s League, a meeting of representatives of 8 Youth Leagues was convened on 8th February 1976 at the Knocknagoney Hotel, Belfast.
There was unanimous agreement to form an Association to work for the development of Boys’ Football in Northern Ireland with the following objectives:
- To promote, foster and develop in all its aspects the game of Association football among Boys (outside the jurisdiction of the Education Authorities) in Northern Ireland.
- To assist the mental, moral and physical development of Boys through age-group competition.
- To encourage proper attitudes to the game and to promote the highest traditions of sportsmanship consistent with the Olympic ideal.
- To create and maintain the safest possible environment for children and young people to enjoy football.
In March 1976 at another meeting of the newly formed Association in the Millbrook Lodge Hotel, Ballynahinch, Dougie Milford of Clara Boys proposed that we organise a Northern Ireland Championship of winners from all our Leagues at several age groups and this was first held in September 1976 at the City of Belfast Playing Fields, Mallusk. The competition has continued for the last 30 years. In addition, the NIBFA organises Knock-Out Cup competitions at 7 age levels covering all 14 Leagues.
The current membership is now almost 900 teams in 230 Clubs.
The Organisation, which is run by part-time volunteers, has extensive plans for future development including the introduction of new technology for all Clubs and Leagues.
The NIBFA National Youth League has proven to be an undoubted success since its inception in the 2008/2009 season. The future is bright- the future is NIBFA.
Teams P Pts Cliftonville 18 47 Crusaders FC 19 42 Derry Colts 21 42 Linfield FC 18 42 Glentoran FC 18 38 Foyle Harps 18 35 Portadown FC Youth 20 30 Tristar Boys FC 19 29 Ballymena United 20 27 Warrenpoint Town 19 25 Dungannon Swifts 19 23 Limavady Youths 21 22 St. Oliver Plunkett 20 22No information available.
Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday H: 11°C
Season In Numbers
A selection of key statistics from this season. Stay up to date with the latest amount of win's, clean sheets, goals and more!1,223 MATCHES PLAYED9174,40741914313095