- Please Note Seaview, Moyola & The Dub have a "Gate" entrance fee of £2 & £1 thank you
- New dates for Cross Border Tournament posted as soon as agreed
- U13 Plate Ballinamallard v Ridgeway Friday 4pm @ Fisher Park
The Northern Ireland Boys’ Football Association (NIBFA) was formed in 1976. Following discussions between Jim Weir of the Dundonald Junior League and John Cassidy of the South Belfast Boy’s League, a meeting of representatives of 8 Youth Leagues was convened on 8th February 1976 at the Knocknagoney Hotel, Belfast.
There was unanimous agreement to form an Association to work for the development of Boys’ Football in Northern Ireland with the following objectives:
- To promote, foster and develop in all its aspects the game of Association football among Boys (outside the jurisdiction of the Education Authorities) in Northern Ireland.
- To assist the mental, moral and physical development of Boys through age-group competition.
- To encourage proper attitudes to the game and to promote the highest traditions of sportsmanship consistent with the Olympic ideal.
- To create and maintain the safest possible environment for children and young people to enjoy football.
In March 1976 at another meeting of the newly formed Association in the Millbrook Lodge Hotel, Ballynahinch, Dougie Milford of Clara Boys proposed that we organise a Northern Ireland Championship of winners from all our Leagues at several age groups and this was first held in September 1976 at the City of Belfast Playing Fields, Mallusk. The competition has continued for the last 30 years. In addition, the NIBFA organises Knock-Out Cup competitions at 7 age levels covering all 14 Leagues.
The current membership is now almost 900 teams in 230 Clubs.
The Organisation, which is run by part-time volunteers, has extensive plans for future development including the introduction of new technology for all Clubs and Leagues.
The NIBFA National Youth League has proven to be an undoubted success since its inception in the 2008/2009 season. The future is bright- the future is NIBFA.
Teams P Pts Linfield FC 21 61 Cliftonville 21 54 Maiden City 21 46 Crusaders FC 22 45 Glentoran FC 21 33 Foyle Harps 21 32 Wakehurst FC 21 26 Ballymena United 22 23 Limavady Youths 22 21 St. Oliver Plunkett 22 13 Coleraine FC 22 11 Cookstown Youth 22 10 Sat 19 Apr, 2014 Ballymoney United vs Loughgall Youth Glentoran Academy vs Carniny Youth Limavady Youths vs Linfield Magherafelt Sky Blues vs Ballinamallard Youth
Friday Saturday Sunday Monday H: 13°C
Season In Numbers
A selection of key statistics from this season. Stay up to date with the latest amount of win's, clean sheets, goals and more!1,366 MATCHES PLAYED6415,46650015310843