- See Latest News for details of FREE Fotballs Offer from LEGEA
- Check out EPIC link below for their new viewing channel just click on the logo
- NIBFA AGM will be held at Wellington Park Hotel, Belfast on Tuesday 4th November @ 7:15pm
- NIBFA Cup Draw will follow the AGM.
The Northern Ireland Boys’ Football Association (NIBFA) was formed in 1976. Following discussions between Jim Weir of the Dundonald Junior League and John Cassidy of the South Belfast Boy’s League, a meeting of representatives of 8 Youth Leagues was convened on 8th February 1976 at the Knocknagoney Hotel, Belfast.
There was unanimous agreement to form an Association to work for the development of Boys’ Football in Northern Ireland with the following objectives:
- To promote, foster and develop in all its aspects the game of Association football among Boys (outside the jurisdiction of the Education Authorities) in Northern Ireland.
- To assist the mental, moral and physical development of Boys through age-group competition.
- To encourage proper attitudes to the game and to promote the highest traditions of sportsmanship consistent with the Olympic ideal.
- To create and maintain the safest possible environment for children and young people to enjoy football.
In March 1976 at another meeting of the newly formed Association in the Millbrook Lodge Hotel, Ballynahinch, Dougie Milford of Clara Boys proposed that we organise a Northern Ireland Championship of winners from all our Leagues at several age groups and this was first held in September 1976 at the City of Belfast Playing Fields, Mallusk. The competition has continued for the last 30 years. In addition, the NIBFA organises Knock-Out Cup competitions at 7 age levels covering all 14 Leagues.
The current membership is now almost 900 teams in 230 Clubs.
The Organisation, which is run by part-time volunteers, has extensive plans for future development including the introduction of new technology for all Clubs and Leagues.
The NIBFA National Youth League has proven to be an undoubted success since its inception in the 2008/2009 season. The future is bright- the future is NIBFA.
Teams P Pts Linfield FC 7 21 Cliftonville 8 19 Dungannon Swifts 9 19 Portadown FC Youth 9 19 Glentoran FC 8 18 Crusaders FC 8 16 Institute 9 12 Derry Colts 8 10 Foyle Harps 6 10 Carniny Youth 9 9 Tristar Boys FC 7 9 Warrenpoint Town 7 9 Ballymena United 9 8No information available.
Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday H: 14°C
Season In Numbers
A selection of key statistics from this season. Stay up to date with the latest amount of win's, clean sheets, goals and more!522 MATCHES PLAYED3931,92917213312954